Chronic recurrent pain issues can be frustrating. Waking up day after day, unable to enjoy life, left behind because you can’t participate, or just unable to contribute to life.
The depression and anxiety stemming from being misunderstood or even the disbelief of others is maddening. Check out this story from one of my former patients…
Mary was terrified.
Mary had gotten off the opiate medication that was destroying her life, but what about her pain? How could she manage without medication?
Mary’s head was spinning, and she knew it would only be a matter of time before she was driven back to using. She heard a friend talking about a new approach to management. Maybe it would work for her.
Fibromyalgia and back pain were Mary’s constant companions. As she waited her turn in the office, her eyes welled up with tears.
Mary wanted a new life and her family liked it when she wasn’t altered. She looked up as the patient before exited the office and noticed how he smiled and seemed at ease. IT had been a long time since she felt at ease.
EMDR was the right modality for Mary.
As Mary settled into the chair, the process was explained on how EMDR and dual attention could help her move through the traumatic events of her life. She was amazed to learn that chronic pain, although very real, was caused mainly by her own memories and very little from actual physical damage.
The processing itself was painless. Back and forth attention created by a simple tool combined with simple focus on the pain itself, and the pain began to melt away. It was almost like magic.
An hour later Mary’s tears were of joy. It had been years since she felt okay. Not high, not altered, but pain free.
Let me help you address the chronic pain controlling your life.
Call me now at (615) 330-2659 and start your journey to reduced or eliminated pain without drugs!!
- EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization & Reprocessing) Therapy is a highly researched and widely known treatment modality used to treat trauma as well as anxiety, shame, self-doubt and a variety of other ailments.
- I provide a variety of personal therapy, family therapy and counseling services. I have a wealth of experience to share in helping you with the issues you are facing.
- Mental health episodes & chronic mental health issues are often serious matters. I have the ability to identify your underlying issues & can help you with effective treatment measures.
- Substance use and other addictive disorders stem from pathological patterns of behavior in which the person continues to 'use' a substance even though they have significant problems stemming from its use.
- Don't let chronic pain control your life. Chronic pain can manifest due to past memories and trauma more so than actual physical issues.
I am a Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) & Mental Health Service Provider (MHSP) in Tennessee
The management of chronic pain is challenging for everyone who has ever experienced it. So often, the first reaction to the presence of ongoing pain is to turn to medications or prescription painkillers to dull the symptoms rather than treat the actual cause. So many times, chronic physical pain is the manifestation of past memories, past emotional trauma and other deep-rooted issues. I can help you treat chronic pain in Tennessee without painkillers, opiates or other pharmaceuticals.
Steven Lepley LPC, MHSP
Licensed in Tennessee
I am a Licensed Professional Counselor, Mental Health Services Provider & EMDR Therapist offering virtual telemedicine appointments throughout all of Tennessee.
Ask me about my experience & how I can help you address the challenges you are facing. Call me or text me at 615.330.2659.