One-on-one counseling for relationship issues can be a powerful tool to restore your life and happiness. This type of therapy can be helpful for a variety of relationship problems including:
Relationship problems with your significant other such as:
- The spouse;
- Dating partners
- A family member (e.g., parent, brother, spouse-in-law)
- Alimony in divorce
- Transition to parenthood
- Balancing life with work
- Balancing your roles as a wife and as a busy professional
- Balancing your roles as a parent and being responsible for the elderly parent
The main topics covered by this type of therapy include:
- Your family and relationship history
- Your relationship patterns including dysfunctional patterns that may persist today
- Negative individual factors (e.g., personality traits, your view of the world, past trauma) that may have a negative impact on the health of your relationships
- Your strengths (e.g., personality traits, overcoming the past challenges) that we can build on to help improve the health of your relationships
- The specific behaviors you may or may not do that prevent you from forming better relationships
- Difficult thoughts or feelings you’re struggling with related to your relationship problems (for example, doubt about your self-worth)
- Establish healthy boundaries with the toxic people in your life
- Accepting relationships that may be beyond repair
Our role is to talk you through decisions to make and strategies for moving forward in your relationships (for example, deciding what kind of relationship, if any, you want to have with a toxic parent; deciding if forgiveness is a goal for you)
DepressionDepression. The effects of major depressive disorder include loss of interest, depressed mood, inability to feel pleasure, and feelings of inappropriate self-worth.
TraumaPast trauma including past abuse are often the underlying causes and deep-rooted issues behind a lot of the personal problems that individuals face. Traditional counseling & EMDR therapy can help.
Grief CounselingThe death of a loved one causes emotional and physical pain that impairs your ability to function normally in both the short- and long-term.
Relationship IssuesOne-on-one counseling for relationship issues can be an effective way to restore your happiness.
Anger ManagementAnger becomes becomes a problem for individuals when you express the anger in a way that causes harm to others or yourself.
I am a Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) & Mental Health Service Provider (MHSP) in Tennessee
I have worked with individuals and families throughout Tennessee on the personal issues that trouble them for over 15 years. From managing depression and dealing with grief to addressing past trauma, anger and relationship issues, I am here to help. The reason I mention EMDR Therapy (Eye Movement Desensitization & Reprocessing) so much in relation to dealing with personal issues is because EMDR therapy works quickly to help the therapist find the deep-rooted problems and traumas that are the cause of many issues.
Steven Lepley LPC, MHSP
Licensed in Tennessee
I am a Licensed Professional Counselor, Mental Health Services Provider & EMDR Therapist offering virtual telemedicine appointments throughout all of Tennessee.
Ask me about my experience & how I can help you address the challenges you are facing. Call me or text me at 615.330.2659.